ASM Online Member Community

View Only
  • 1.  Any Pipeline Engineers?

Posted 06-01-2022 11:14
    I am a materials engineer working on a project evaluating different coating technologies to mitigate internal corrosion in natural gas pipelines. This work is being done through the DOE National Energy Technology Lab. We are looking for industry experts to speak with to get a better understanding of market needs, and what your current solutions are. If you are working anywhere within the onshore or offshore pipeline value chain (pipeline manufacturers, operators, repair, etc), would you be willing to speak with my team for 30 minutes?  Please reply here or reach out to me directly! Thank you!

------------------------------
    Corinne Charlton
    Senior Engineer
    Pittsburgh PA
    ccharlton@deloitte.com
    (734) 255-6811
    Education courses

• 2.  RE: Any Pipeline Engineers?

Posted 06-02-2022 08:14

Hi Corinne

Yes I can help you here. I had experience with pipeline coating in India for gulf countries and also Indian industries which require corrosion resistance coating. So the best solution is an Aluminizing and Galvenizing. 

So we did Thermal Spray Aluminium coating via twin wire arc spray process with pure Al grade. 

Thermal Spray Aluminium coating is the best solution to industry for better corrosion resistance. 

You may get in touch with me on my email below 
    chirag.ase@gmail.com 

Kind Regards 
    Chirag Raval 

Chirag Raval
    Thermal Spray Applications & Know How Technology Transfer
    chirag.ase@gmail.com

Education courses