ASM Online Member Community

View Only
  • 1.  Share with your students! - EPC Webinar #1 presented by ASM Student Boards

Posted 07-03-2022 10:53
    Edited by Ho Lun Chan 07-03-2022 12:03
    Greetings community!

Happy Fourth of July! I am excited to share our first EPC recorded webinars open to everybody! This month we present the topic "Getting Involved as an ASM Student Member and Volunteer" presented by ASM Student Board Members 21/22 - Shruti Dubey (IIT Kanpur) and David Scannapieco (Case Western Reserve University). They will share how their student volunteer experience, why and how to get involved in ASM!

Please feel free to share this content with students you know! To access the webinars, please click the following registration link and be redirected to view the recording! 

Meanwhile, David and Shruti will also be in this ASM connect post answering any questions you may have! You can find information about our next webinars in my last post

Thank you very much for your time and please feel free to provide any feedback to me! 

Sincerely,

------------------------------
    Ho Lun Chan (Lun)
    Mentorship Chair, ASM Emerging Professional Committee
    Ph.D. Candidate, University of Virginia
    Charlottesville VA
    hc4ry@virginia.edu
    Education courses

• 2.  RE: Share with your students! - EPC Webinar #1 presented by ASM Student Boards

Posted 07-11-2022 08:41

Hi Ho!

I thought this was a great compact introduction to the role of the student board members. When I was looking to apply last year this would have been a great resource -- I'll be sure to share this with other students who might be interested in applying for the next term period. @Nicole Hudak @Ashlie Hamilton I just wanted to make sure y'all knew about this as well. Might be good to share with our respective MA chapters.

-Jaime

​​

Jaime Berez
    j.m.berez@gmail.com

Education courses

• 3.  RE: Share with your students! - EPC Webinar #1 presented by ASM Student Boards

Posted 07-15-2022 12:45
    Hello,

Thank you for creating this webinar about the experiences of ASM student board members. I was nominated to hold the SMST student board member position for '20-22. I wonder if we should all collaborate and use this opportunity to bring the student board members for each affiliation together and really drive the student engagement. This could be a great start!

I look forward to the next post about student outreach.

Thanks!

Faith Gantz
    University of North Texas
    Denton TX
    (208) 518-8336

Education courses