This was a great start for the newsletter. I would add a couple of things to what you wrote, to hopefully keep the ball rolling:
1. The first issue should definitely include a description of what the group is about, our purpose and objectives. This can all be taken from the initial documentation that was drafted to support our acceptance by ASM as a committee, after paring it down to just a few lines.
2. Subsequent issues should include a brief statement at the top of the purpose and objectives of the committee.
3. All issues should include the names and contact info of the officers of the committee.
4. We should also include an abstract of a newly published paper about archaeometallurgy with suitable links to the full paper for those who may want to pursue it further.
5. Another topic of the newsletter may be current work in progress by any member of the committee.
6. Request for papers on our subject matter and where they may be submitted for publication.
7. Some pictures of sites or artifacts that have been studied by members of the committee, their significance and lessons learned.
8. Etc., etc., etc. .......
These are some initial thoughts. I am certain that other members may enhance or modify these ideas for improvement.
Regards to all,
ASM International is the world's largest association of materials-centric engineers and scientists. We are dedicated to informing, educating, and connecting the materials community to solve problems and stimulate innovation around the world.
ASM World Headquarters9639 Kinsman RoadMaterials Park, OH 44073-0002
+1 440.462.0292 (International)