Policy for Member Community Violations
The Connect community rules and etiquette are not all-inclusive, but rather a general set of the guidelines our members should follow when participating in an online community. To preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, ASM reserves the right to suspend, remove content, or terminate participation on all lists for members who violate these rules.
Taking action against one of our members, particularly in regard to removing an account, is something we would like to avoid, but realistically may have to happen in order to protect the quality of service we strive to provide to our members. This restriction is not intended to limit in any way the professional networking and educational advantages of Connect.
When unsure whether content is consistent with these policies, please err on the side of caution and do not post the content in Connect. If there are any questions on what content is appropriate to post, please contact the community manager.
The community rules and etiquette may be revised from time to time, and it is the member’s responsibility to stay abreast of any changes.
Possible disciplinary actions for Terms of Agreement/Rules and Etiquette violations
- An email, private message or phone call is communicated to the member that explains the violation that occurred.
- An email or phone call is communicated to the member who violated the guidelines. The member’s Connect community account may be put into moderation. Member may be placed in a 30-day moderation queue, where messages from his/her account are reviewed by the community manager before they are posted online.
- An email/private message warning is communicated to the member who violated the guidelines. The member’s Connect community account may be put into moderation. Member may be placed in moderation for three months; where messages from his/her account are reviewed by the community manager before they are posted online. Member may be subject to removal from communities.
- A formal written letter is sent to the member who violated the guidelines. The member may be removed from participating in Connect in some or all communities.
- ASM reserves the right to edit or delete a post. However, ASM generally will not edit or delete posts for members, unless there has been a severe violation of the Connect Rules and Etiquette (as mentioned).
- To clarify or edit a message posted, we recommend the original poster to reply to the existing message. At ASM’s discretion, older messages that may cause confusion or contain outdated information may be archived or deleted.
A member may not appeal his/her moderation reprimand. A member may appeal his/her removal from a Connect community by contacting the community manager in writing; final decisions will be reviewed and decided upon by a panel of peers.
Appeals should include the following pieces of information:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Full disclosure of any previous violations
- Why you feel the community removal should be overturned, include any relevant or supporting evidence.
For any further questions or comments please contact the community manager.