NOTE: To apply, please first login to ASM Connect with your ASM website credentials. Once logged in, a button will appear that will take you to the application. Applications are due March 15, 2023. This opportunity is for a three year term (to begin 9/1/2023).
Join the Emerging Professionals Committee for a chance to interact with ASM at the national level. EPC members help guide the direction of ASM by serving as liaisons to various national committees and offering invaluable help with products and services while making professional connections early in their career. For more information on the committee, check out our FAQ.
To become an ASM Emerging Professional Committee member, you must be an ASM member who is no more than five years past graduation (from your latest degree) and have a desire to learn more about ASM committee involvement. The committee is geared toward professional ASM members; undergraduate and graduate students are not eligible.
To apply, please submit the application via the link above. You will be asked to upload the following:
- A current resume - Please highlight prior interest in ASM demonstrated either through participation in a student chapter, local chapter, or conference.
- A letter of recommendation - may be from an ASM Chapter officer, employer, Material Advantage Faculty Advisor, etc.
- A one-page essay (typed and double-spaced) addressing the following:
- What experiences with ASM led to your interest in the Emerging Professionals Committee, and which projects you would most like to be involved with?
- What qualities, characteristics, and skills do you possess that will make you a strong candidate for the Emerging Professionals Committee?
- What do you hope to learn/gain from this program?
Applicants will be judged according to their answers on the application form, their essay content and quality, letter of recommendation, and resume.