Awards Policy Committee:Purpose:
The Awards Policy Committee shall recommend to the Board the awards policy of the Society and shall be responsible for the awards activity of the Society.
We are seeking three new members, one from Academia, Industry, and Government. Interested party must have served on a previous ASM Award Selection Committee
It shall recommend to the Board suitably chosen and properly qualified nominees for the various awards and honors of the Society. The Awards Policy Committee shall support the ASM Strategic Plan and be accountable and responsible for those strategic actions which fall within the purview of the committee.
It shall also be the responsibility of the committee to contribute new program and service ideas that support the Strategic Plan.
- Recommend to the Board the awards policy of the Society
- Responsible for the awards activity of the Society
- Recommend to the board suitable chosen and properly qualified nominees for various awards and honors of the Society
- Support the ASM Strategic Plan
The Awards Policy Committee serves as an important oversight function in making sure that the award selection committee processes are fair and consistent, and that the best candidates are chosen for recognition by ASM. Also, to ensure that all rules are followed for all awards without exception.
Qualifications of Members:
- Member of ASM
- Good overall background knowledge of ASM
- Previous experience serving on an ASM Awards Selection Committee
Approx. 20 hours per year