Thank you for being part of the ASM INTERNATIONAL online community. To ensure the best possible experience for all community members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
We understand that the world and our members are becoming more social and connecting online. As such we encourage all to participate in our online community. ASM INTERNATIONAL hosts several pages on public tools such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube along with Connect, our private members’ only social network. These platforms are great tools to get the advice of your peers, learn from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. By participating on social platforms that are ASM INTERNATIONAL branded, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions about these guidelines or the tools themselves, contact the ASM INTERNATIONAL Connect team firstname.lastname@example.org. However, questions about ASM INTERNATIONAL should be directed to our Member Services Center at email@example.com.
To preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, ASM INTERNATIONAL reserves the right to discipline Connect users, delete posts, or terminate accounts for members who violate these rules.
- Do not attack others. The discussions on the community platforms are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post commercial messages. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Connect messages should not contain promotional material, special offers, job offers or opportunities, product announcements, or solicitation for services. ASM INTERNATIONAL reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on any platform is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited and may be removed.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate platforms.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the Community.
- Remember that ASM INTERNATIONAL and other participants have the right to reproduce postings.
Some general tips to help you maintain good etiquette when reproducing content.
- Be courteous. Please ask participants for permission to republish their words elsewhere (especially if elsewhere would be a publicly viewable setting).
- When citing Connect discussions, please include a link back to the original discussion or to the Connect homepage.
- Transparency is very important in gaining trust in online relationships, therefore be clear who you are and who you work for when posting on any platform. This means including your real name on your Facebook and twitter accounts along with disclosing your employer and using a profile picture of your likeness and not your company’s logo.
- Decide which platform is best for your message. Just sharing a link? Twitter might be best. Sharing an article with your comments then Facebook might be better. Want to start conversations around a topic? That is best served in Linked in or Connect.
The Legal Stuff
These social media pages, accounts and sites are provided as a service of ASM INTERNATIONAL. ASM INTERNATIONAL is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on these sites by others. ASM INTERNATIONAL disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on these sites, whether posted by ASM INTERNATIONAL or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ASM INTERNATIONAL be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. In addition, by posting material, you grant to ASM INTERNATIONAL and the members of this community the nonexclusive, world-wide, transferable right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material in any way and in any medium, including but not limited to print or electronic form.
Content should not be posted if it encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Content that encourages or facilitates an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers. ASM INTERNATIONAL does not actively monitor these sites for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to ASM INTERNATIONAL's attention, ASM INTERNATIONAL will take all appropriate action.
ASM INTERNATIONAL reserves the right to block any users who do not abide by these guidelines.
Guidelines and Policies for Member Created Communities
Welcome to Connect! Connect is the best space to participate in-depth discussions and receive feedback and resources from other professional peers. It is encouraged to join and often easier, to illicit responses from communities that are thriving and have active participants.
The ability to customize and create your own community in this platform is an excellent added benefit and here at ASM INTERNATIONAL we want your community to become as successful as possible.
Use this list of things to consider before hitting that ‘create’ button
- I believe there is a specialized market or interest in the community?
- What do you want to have accomplished in the community?
- How will I inform other members of this new community?
- Can I provide content for the community help encourage discussions?
- I have searched for communities with similar titles
- The community is not based on a one-time event
Some measures of success for communities are:
- Frequent discussions
- One post per day in the community
- Posts/discussions that illicit responses from members
- Community norm= #of members versus the # of discussions posted
- The community is not based on a one-time event
With that being said ASM INTERNATIONAL does reserve the right to delete a community that is no longer active, and all participants may be placed in a more active and vibrant community without prior notice based on the criteria below:
- No discussions since creation or within the last six months.
- If there have been no discussions and the library entry is at least six months old, then the library may be archived and the community will be deleted.
- If there has been low activity or minimal discussion (i.e., no feedback is received from members of the community).
- The discussions would be more beneficial in another community.