ATTENTION High School Students
Are you interested in science and engineering?
Sign up for the ASM Peoria Chapter's 2022 Materials Camp!
Who Can Attend?
• Students entering their Junior or Senior year of High School, in Fall 2021.
• Highly motivated, inquisitive learners, with math and science aptitude.
• Students involved in math, science, and industrial technology classes.
What Is It?
• Multi-day summer camp utilizing fun hands-on learning experiences involving math, physics, and chemistry.
• Hands on metallurgical experiences through foundry and blacksmith learning.
• A unique team-based, intensive problem solving, science experience, under the direction of a distinguished “Materials Mentor” professionals.
• Combination of mini-demonstrations, field trips, and laboratory activities to actively
explore materials science & engineering principles.
Where & When Is It?
• July 25 — 28, 2022 (4 Days)
• 8:00 am — 4:00 pm
• Targeting for in-person but virtual option will be offered.
Cost of Camp?
• 30 full scholarships will be provided to selected participants.
• All selected students receive FREE tuition, meals, knowledge, and fun activities.
How to Apply?
• Applications are due May 20th, 2022
• Applicants will be notified by May 27 on decision.
1. The application form is available online at https://forms.gle/913ogN4oaVofA7Me8
2. Submit current high school transcript (unofficial is
allowed) to Ali Scheer, email preferred:
Mail: Ali Scheer
Caterpillar (16) Bldg. CV-4161
901 West Washington Street
East Peoria, IL 61630
Phone: (309) 494-3806