Chapter Career Center
The following is a list of opportunities currently known to the Los Angeles ASM Chapter. To contribute to this list, please contact Kentaro Lunn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Postings *PLEASE SCROLL BELOW FOR ALL DETAILS
Toyota Racing Development (Costa Mesa) - Engineer, Automotive Component Processing & Quality
ADDMAN Castheon (Thousand Oaks) - Additive Manufacturing Engineer
Applied Technology Services (San Ramon) - Expert, Materials & Failure Analysis Engineer - ATS (151703)
Toyota Racing Development is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Engineer, Automotive Component Processing and Quality
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure that automotive component surface treatments (protective, cosmetic or performance-enhancing) satisfy required tests / parameters as defined by Toyota / TRD, to meet the high-performing and rigorous demands of our customers.
- Serve as the principal technical conduit to ensuring that surface treatment product demands are understood, validated, and constantly satisfied by approved suppliers and partners. Define relevant pass / fail criteria.
- Initiate, lead, and document process + equipment improvement initiatives that will increase throughput, reduce scrap / production costs, and improve quality. Including, but not limited to internal + supplier pre-production and routine quality audits, R&D product sourcing + evaluation, R&D supplier sourcing + evaluation, outside / 3rd-party performance testing, etc.
- Create and maintain supplier quality auditing documentation that ensures adherence to defined and validated processes, as well as assists result tracking.
- Evaluate existing internal or external process documentation. Generate new or improved documentation based on investigative results and process enhancements on a routine basis. Define, catalog, and author relevant visual inspection criteria & standard operating procedures.
What you'll bring:
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Material Science Engineering, with a strong manufacturing background, or preferred work experience.
- Familiarity with QMS (ISO 9001), SPC analysis, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) & NDT.
- Thorough / advanced knowledge of aluminum anodize & powder coating processes + parameters, including growth rates, application consistency, cure temperatures, adhesion verification, etc. Experience with colored variants and applications combining multiple surface treatment types preferred.
- Experience with environmental and mechanical testing of component surface treatments and drawing conclusions about their practical implications. Experience with corrosion testing, CASS testing, adhesion testing, eddy-current testing preferred.
- Experience leading internal and external audits, vendor evaluation, problem solving meetings, data driven root cause analysis and investigating quality and production related issues.
- Experience with & understanding of manufacturing processes such as: casting, forging, fabrication, additive manufacturing, machining, heat treatment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal), including the ability to interact in a professional manner with external partners, suppliers, customers, and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Interpersonal Skills: Including strong listening skills; open-mindedness; team working and language skills necessary to facilitate effective cooperation between Associate and departments.
- Must be able to regularly traverse large industrial factory floors.
- Able to spend extended times observing large volumes of components being processed.
- 5-15% of time, visiting & auditing manufacturing partners.
What we’ll bring:
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect.
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
- Flexible work options based on business needs.
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools and more
- Tax Advantaged Accounts (Health Savings Account, Health Care FSA, Dependent Care FSA)
- Relocation assistance (if applicable).
The annual base salary range for this position is
$93,600.00 - $152,100.00
Engineer, Automotive Component Processing & Quality
ADDMAN is looking for a Additive Manufacturing Applications Engineer at our Castheon facility
As a ADDMAN Additive Manufacturing Applications Engineer at our Castheon facility, you’ll be at the forefront of aerospace and additive manufacturing technologies. This role will have you front and center with our customers turning their ideas into reality. As one of your main responsibilities you’ll be expected to attend early-stage sales discussions to turn voice of customer into both well-defined requirements and proposals. You’ll also utilize your AM expertise and market leading software to optimize customer geometries for printability and performance. This includes developing support and compensation strategies striving for first-time printing success of the highest quality requirements. At Castheon you’ll be part of a rapidly growing world class engineering team, commonly interfacing internally with program managers, materials and process engineers, technicians, machinists, quality champions, and company leadership. This role reports to the Director of Materials and Manufacturing Technology. This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
- Research end users’ needs through communication with sales and directly with clients. In some cases, travel to trade shows and customer sites is required.
- Optimize part files to enhance printability, ease of post-processing, and or functionality.
- Create build layouts and files for a range of laser powder bed fusion printing equipment.
- Increase organizational competencies in AM process simulation, topology optimization, and generative design, executing software assessment and acquisitions.
- Develop support structure and machining plans for product realization utilizing both additive and subtractive methods.
- Works with CNC machining team to develop estimates for both full CNC and AM/CNC hybrid projects.
- Supports the quoting process and is responsible for producing build time, machining time, and other information required to assemble timely and accurate quotes.
- Actively participates in team problem solving, process improvement, and decisions.
- Lead internal efforts to enhance our quoting, design, or manufacturing workflows.
- Overtime you may be expected to mentor, teach, and be an engineering technical resource for the organization.
Qualifications / Skill Requirements:
- Previous Additive Manufacturing Experience
- High degree of proficiency in 3D CAD modeling, AM build file preparation, generative design, topology optimization, and/or process simulation.
- Experience with manufacturing /CNC machining processes
- Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Able to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities to exceed customer expectations
- Works independently, strong work ethic, is self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong mechanical background and aptitude
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams to support the core business, ensuring quality products are delivered on time
- Computer aptitude (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in the English language
- Ability to convert a concept to finished design within budget and schedule
- Must be a team player and willing to learn new skills and concepts
The annual base salary range for this position is
$100,000.00 - $150,000.00
Additive Manufacturing Engineer
Applied Technology Services (San Ramon) is looking for an Expert, Materials & Failure Analysis Engineer
Applied Technology Services (ATS) has been providing technology-based, innovative, high-value services to the company for over 40 years. ATS is a multidisciplinary team of over 120 engineers, scientists, and technicians. The ATS vision is to be a forward-thinking, technological leader providing high-value solutions and services needed across the Company. ATS high value services also help proactively avoid future problems by specifying equipment, materials and methods that are best practices in the industry.
The ATS Failure Analysis Engineer is expected to independently lead failure analysis projects with previous experience in planning, executing, and reporting. They should have a strong understanding of variety material failure modes including an in-depth knowledge of non-destructive (NDE), destructive examination techniques, and material/manufacturing processing techniques. Materials they will most likely encounter on the job are Steels (pipes, valves, vessels), Aluminum (wire, fittings, connectors), Copper (wire, valves), and ceramics (insulators). They will be capable of establishing failure analysis and component testing programs for the different lines of business. The ATS Engineer will be able support these lines of business with integrating failure analysis and testing results into asset management strategies. The Failure Analysis Engineer will also conduct inspections, failure analysis, performance assessments, and evaluations on a wide variety of systems and components. The ATS Engineer will utilize engineering consulting principles, their expertise, and scientific work methods to identify, diagnose and solve technical problems.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
- Exercises independent judgment in leading and resolving problems of significant impact, scope and complexity with few precedents or standards requiring integration of information from a variety of sources.
- Leads team determining scope, schedule, budget and preparing client bid proposals.
- Is recognized as a subject matter expert in one discipline or type of ATS service and provides breadth of knowledge and performs analysis and projects across several disciplines.
- Searches for new practical solutions to highly complex problems. Assesses business conditions, identifies opportunities, and develops projects & solutions from a multifunctional or multidisciplinary perspective.
- Leads project teams performing tests to identify, define, solve problems, and prepare technical reports and specifications. Prepares and delivers presentations and recommendations to clients based on project results/findings.
- Oversees assembly of technical systems and prototypes according to engineering standards and knowledge of related principles.
- Modifies prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations. Continually identifies testing or process improvements.
- Develops, evaluates and deploys new technologies. Identifies innovations and cost-reduction potential of new and existing technologies.
- May provide expert opinion or information related to projects or other issues to external customers, agencies, or other parties.
- Interfaces with clients to understand expectations, concerns and ensure strong customer satisfaction.
- May represent PG&E at industry association meetings or seminars.
Qualifications / Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with emphasis in a discipline related to assignments. (i.e., materials, mechanical, or electrical engineering, etc.)
- 7 years of related experience in materials engineering, metallurgy, and failure analysis
Desired Qualifications / Skill Requirements:
- Master's degree
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Expertise in engineering research and testing concepts, theories, practices, methods, techniques in area of specialty. May have thorough understanding of other engineering specialties.
- Knowledge of current and new technologies used in technical testing in area of specialty.
- Thorough understanding of quality assurance and control concepts and practices.
- Expertise in investigative and analytical problem-solving methods and techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively monitor and lead technical tests.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively deliver findings and recommendations to clients of various levels.
- Project management and team leadership skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, adapting project plan and team leadership to customer needs as appropriate.
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $136,000
Bay Area Maximum: $232,000
California Minimum: $129,000
California Maximum: $220,000
This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
Travel requirement: 10-30% of the time, throughout the PG&E territory.
Expert, Materials & Failure Analysis Engineer - ATS (151703)